Gumala Aboriginal Corporation's 1200-plus Members are the Traditional Owners from the Innawonga, Banyjima and Nyayiparli language groups. Their homeland is located in the resource-rich Pilbara region in Western Australia.
Approximately 67% of the membership live in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Approximately 93% of our members live in Western Australia, with the remaining 7% living overseas and in other States and Territories throughout Australia.
Eligibility for membership
To be eligible to apply to become a Gumala Member the person must be at least 18 years of age and be an Aboriginal person who is a Traditional Owner of the Innawonga, Banyjima or Nyiyaparli language group. For more information on membership eligibility, please contact our Members Services Unit on 1800 486 252 (1800 GUMALA).
A membership application form can be downloaded >>here